Welcome to the WWFC Cheese Review page!
Whether it’s Canadian cheese or international cheese, we eat them all! We’ll be reviewing all the cheeses we ate and listing them here.
1. Le Cendrillion: This goat cheese, winner of the World Cheese Awards 2009 “Best Cheese in the World“, is smooth, creamy and laced with ash. It goes well with crackers, baguette and an episode of Lost. Read the review here.
2. Cotswold:This whole milk English Double Gloucester is made with onion and chive. It was perfect with a lovely Pinot Noir, whole wheat baguette and hysterical conversation. Read the review here
3. Poutine: Poutine = french fries, cheese curds and gravy. We’re sorry to say we ate that. So sorry. It doesn’t go well with anything. Except, perhaps, Alka Seltzer. Read the review here.
4. Chocolate Cappuccino Cheesecake: Heavenly, chocolatey, and of course, very cheesy. A cheesecake gets devoured and no one feels any remorse. Read the review here.
5. Guinness Cheddar: Wine and cheese? Beer and cheese? How about Beer Cheese and beer? We have our beer and eat it too. Read the review here.
6. Easy Cheese: It’s cheese in a can. It’s actually more appetizing than it sounds. But not by much. We recommend alcohol of any kind and lots of it. Read the review here.
7. Dinner at Fromaĝo: On a chilly October night, we tucked into the ultimate comfort food: gourmet grilled cheese at Fromaĝo. Read the review here.
8. Laurier vs Laurier: A marriage made in cheese heaven. Two soft cheeses are named for the Lauriers. Read the review here.
9. Madame Chevre Elite Blueberry Pomegranate: Nicky loses her mind and we eat the best cheese ever. EVER! A light, yet fragrant goat cheese with a blueberry pomegranate sauce. Read the review here.
10. Cafe Chateau These guys make a killer cheeseburger in Montreal: Read the review here.
11. Triple Cheese Attack Le Cremeux, a soft walnut cheese, and Bouq Emissaire. And we’re in a podcast! Read the review here.
12. Goat Cheese Mayhem Le Cremeux’s peppery goat cheese revisited, an underwhelming Bûche Soignon, and a very decadent Cranberry and Port cheese! Read the review here.
13. Cheeburger Cheeburger Has Arrived in Montreal so we went and we feasted on cheeseburgers and shakes.. How was it? Read the review here to find out.
14. String cheese isn’t just for kids, it’s also for knitting sweaters. Mike discovers there really is a cheese he hates. Read the review here.
15. Phare de l’Ile Ronde, a red wine-laced cheese wrapped in bacon. Mike discovers the food of the gods. Read the recipe and review here.
16. What could possibly be better than cheese wrapped in bacon? Bacon wrapped in cheese, of course. Especially when it is Apple Cider cheese. Read the review here .
17. Pickled cheese sounds like a bad idea, but surprisingly, isn’t. Read the recipe here and the review here.
18. Cheeburger Cheeburger Montreal was great for us, but our commentors passionately disagreed. We went back, incognito, to see if it was as good as we thought it was. Read the review here.
19. Lemon Stilton, Cheddar au Bordeaux Rouge and Appledore – three great cheeses to ease into Autumn, whatever that means. Read about it here.